Phones, computers, tablets & more

Yesterday I packed my bags, took my little dog and went to my parents house. Right after I was smothered with kisses, mom asked me "what would you like me to make you for dinner" OMG I don't remember when was the last time I heard those words. It made me feel soft and fuzzy inside. Even though it was just my parents, Athena - my dog and me, it felt very hectic, so I decided to take Athena for a walk to unwind and clear my head. Let me tell you, it worked like a charm. By the time I got back, my bag with provisions was empties and all the stuff put away, and the dinner was being made. I agreed on having and egg salad with radishes with my dad, mom already eat before I got there.
Dinner was nice and quiet, all the hell broke loose right after.

I like electronics, my dad LOVES electronics, every chance I get I buy him stuff for holidays and birthdays. Considering his birthday was only last week I got him a watch for his phone. So for two hours my dad was walking behind me and talking about all the little details on all his electronics. Apparently the watch that I got him can't skype because it did not have a camera (I did not even know that they came with camera, ok, maybe I should have googled better), One of his computers could not be updated to Windows 10 because the monitor is not compatible, one of his computers did not get a Windows 10 update notice, but a laptop is working great with new Windows, the battery in his tablet is doing a lot better once he turned off the WiFi in it, and it went on and on. At some point I ran outside to "look at my mom's garden" and from that point on I was beginning to contemplate my escape route. Just about at that moment jumping off the balcony was looking really good to me. Or maybe calling a friend who had some guns - suicide was another option, than I remembered, my friend who was into guns moved to Florida. I was sitting in the living room and was feeling completely drained, it was only little after 7, and my eyes were closing, I was exhausted, I don't know if it was from the move, from my dad's non-stop chatter or what, but I was done. My mom came to the rescue when she offered to go upstairs to get me situated, with a sigh of relief I ran upstairs.

Once that was all done, it was about 8, I took Athena for another walk, it was little rainy, but I did not mind that at all, it was actually really really relaxing, and I was able to clear my head from the "phone, tablet, laptop, TV....".

Athena got very confused and did not understand why she has to sleep on the small bed with me, if there was another bed in the next bedroom with a queen size bed. She kept escaping my room and kept running into my dad's room and jumping on his bed. Finally we go to bed around 9, read a book on my phone a little bit, put my phone down, tried to sleep. That part was not very successful. Half the night I was tossing and turning, not letting Athena sleep, and the second half - she did that to me.

The good thing, when I got downstairs in the morning, my tea was already waiting for me, my body was well rested and with caffeine in my tea I was ready to take on the new day.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking into the soul of William Haubert

Love hurts, rejection can be fatal.

I was tied up all day…