Onion Rings



How well do we know our partners? After I asked my husband to prepare a salad for us for dinner I realized that we have a problem. So I found a great quote today while I was looking for a questionnaire to take with me on a surprise vacation with my husband.

“When a man is trying to win the heart of a woman, he studies her. He learns her likes, dislikes, habits and hobbies. But after he wins her heart and marries her, he often stops learning about her. If the amount he studied her before marriage was equal to a high school degree, he should continue to learn about her until he gains a college degree, a master’s degree and ultimately a doctorate degree. It is a lifelong journey that draws his heart ever closer to hers.” – Fireproof (the movie)

What can possibly be wrong with a salad, all it is just some cut up veggies. When I left to see my friend, I left him a big tomato, and onion and asked him to cut it. When I got home there were 3 piles on the big plate. Two piles of tomatoes, and one pile of onions. It's absolutely great that he left it like that, because I told him that I was going to finish it with dressing myself. The question still remains – what was wrong with those onions? We have known each other for 20 years, for 10 years we been together, I have always cut onions into either thin rings, or small pieces. I love onions, but I can't eat it when it's cut into big pieces. Before I left the house I specifically told him “cut them into thin rings”. Now the tables have turned, and the new real question here is “why did my husband completely dismiss what I like?”

When do our partners stop caring and asking questions? Do they still care and just keep themselves so preoccupied that it’s no longer important to them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking into the soul of William Haubert

Love hurts, rejection can be fatal.

I was tied up all day…