Movie Star

I had a rather interesting experience over the last weekend. About a year ago I was contacted on the modeling website to be part of the movie. The movie called “bounty hunter war”, okay I knew it was  a low budget movie, but I agree to be a part of it anyways. It was an interesting concept,  so to make a long story short, last month I got a call with the dates when shooting of the movie will be going on. I was told that I will be shooting for 2 days, over the weekend since I work during the week. Last time I saw the producer and we were discussing the wardrobe he wanted me to wear a wedding dress. I had few problems with that dress. For one It was really fugly, he said that he was going to redo it, but when the time came….no such luck. I simply refused to be seen in it, I did  not even wear a wedding dress for my own wedding, so why would I even consider wearing one for the shoot. I can almost understand if that dress was pretty….so I started brainstorming and remembered that my niece had a beautiful dress that she wore for her sweet 16. I gave her a call and she graciously offered me to borrow it for my shoot. The dress was fabulous,  and the producer accepted it.

On Saturday I drive to the location of the shoot, it’s a school in DC, I arrive about 30 min late, he comes up and tells me that the person with the key to the school in running late so we have to wait another 20 minutes or so. Okay I drove an hour well hour and a half so I was not about to turn around and go home so I said they’re just reading my book and waiting. She comes in and opens all the doors and we go into school gym. I see a wall covered in green cloth, for easy manipulation later on, and no people. I was kinda expecting to see at least a dedicated camera man besides a director, who is a  director and a main character in the movie as well. I had a short scene at the bar, it was a little hard to stay on the table and pretend that I’m on the stairs of the bar and looking at the people, needless to say that I was wearing that gorgeous dress, and I had to do my make up and hair myself. Hmm. …

Next came a bedroom scene,  it was shoot at another room, I walk in and he puts the same green cloth on the floor, and tells me, well, this will be the bed. I was just staying there with my mouth wide open, like wtf? And I’m asking him why didn’t you tell me ahead of time that you needed a blow up bed, I have like three of them because I go camping. It was very frustrating the mood was not there, and I had to show passionate love for this guy, when he is laying on top of me, while I am laying on the carpeted floor. I am thinking to myself wtf once again, and he keeps going and going, good thing I asked up front how long the scene will be, it was going to be only 5 min, so I had to tell him that we already have enough to cover 5 min.

After three and a half hours shoot I was driving home,  Vik offered to pick up some Japanese rice for dinner, it was fine with me,  come home, sit down, ready to eat. He did not bother getting the sauce that I really like from that place, I am mildly annoyed.  I make it myself,  sit down to eat, where is plate? I am not a dog to eat from a box! Where is my fork? Why was it so hard to get things prepped for me? After all I take care of him every day, sit down to eat, where is my tea? I take a deep breath, try to stay calm, and not flip out. Thinking to myself, did I just ask for too much? To give him some credit he did make it better later on in the evening  

Next day I talked my son into going with me,  since we were done with a bedroom scene.  I warned him how bad the shoot was. Honestly having him and his wonderful gf made  me feel a lot better. It was supposed to be a fight scene, half of the actors quit on him.  The only other person that came in was an oriental lady, who spoke bad English,  she drove 7 hours for this! I would have never agreed to drive 7 hours for this. So second day was a lot better than the first. I just felt sorry for this lady who had to drive 7 hours for the movie.

What can I say? Producer has a vision, and I am really hoping that his vision will be a lot better then mine, lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking into the soul of William Haubert

Love hurts, rejection can be fatal.

I was tied up all day…